Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Monks and Mountains



Guess what.....I'M IN BARCELONA!!!

Haven't gotten to wander the city much. Had a field trip first thing in the morning and we went up to Montserrat where the Monastery is. The mountain was unreal. It was like a cobblestone mountain. Rocky but the rocks were smooth.  The line was wayy too long to see the Black Madonna so I'm a little bummed about that, but places like this just make me feel so small and insignificant.  One of the monks came out and led a song and Paige stumbled into a confessional at the end of someone's time and ended up sharing a laugh with the monk when he came out. 

So it's official, I don't like structured tours or tourbusses...yea you get there faster, but I really wanted to go on the train and I didn't like that we only had 2 hours to wander around.  It made sense to skip the Black Madonna, but I would have stood in the long line if I could have left whenever I felt like it...for an hour drive there and back, I want to be able to stay as long as I feel like. I feel like complaining because we were told we were staying 2 hours later, and we didn't really get what we paid for....next time I'm just going on my own.

We got back like 2 hours early, so we're waiting for the other girls to get back and then go get Tapas :) Mucho Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment