Saturday, June 25, 2011

Gibraltar!


I wrote that with a British accent, so if you didn't already, please reread the title a la 'arry Potter =)

We are docked at Gibraltar "bunkering" more fuel. On the way into the Mediterranean you could see both Africa from one side of the ship and Europe from the other side. It was so foggy and far away that it just looked like two land masses, but it's a weird thing to be between two continents. We're in this peninsula of Spain so both sides have land and a fuel boat is attached to ours to get more fuel. It's pretty exciting! The fuel carrier is right outside my window. I noticed that I started taking pictures out of my window, so when I am able to post pictures I think I'll have a "view from my window" thing. It's strange to think seeing land is cool..but everyone on the ship is outside checking it out and it really is an amazing thing to see. I'm really excited to get out.

Barcelona in TWO DAYS!! I can't wait to get off this ship. It's still so unreal that in two days I'll actually be in another country instead of in classes. I think I did alright on both my tests. I think I did well on Global Studies, but there's really no way to know until I get the grade. My history class is a total joke. I really don't like the professor, it's obvious that he's not here to really teach us anything and he just wanted a free ride to the Mediterranean. He came to class late, talked about nothing then put quiz questions on the board and just left the room. Not to mention he called out all of the people with learning disabilities in front of the entire class. It's kind of bullshit, but the class is easy so I don't really care.

Writing my 3rd poem and I love the assignment but it's making me homesick. The assignment was to go through old pictures and write about one we haven't seen in a while. Of course I went to the Europe pics of me and Kainoa..then on to the really old pictures of Keilana. I watched some of the videos she and I made together and they are so funny. It's really crazy to see how little she was and it's even weirder how big she is now. Most of the videos she's only talking a little baby talk and mostly using sounds...now I don't think that girl is ever quiet haha. I forgot all about when me and her would sing Disney songs and run around in the rain. Feeling very nostalgic so far. I'm hoping I get a little adventure in me soon!!

Who wants a postcard?

No comments:

Post a Comment