Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Talk Story

So I'm out of San Francisco after a full day of chemical cleaning and packing up my clown car haha. I am so happy that I decided to go up and visit my grandpa instead of staying in the city and partying it up.

I will look back on visiting Grandpa before I left for the summer as one of the best decisions I ever made.  I had such an amazing time, I don't think I've ever bonded with my Grandpa this much in my entire life.  We talked story for hours and I learned so much about my Grandpa's life and his relationship with his family in Kahakuloa, my Grandma, my mom and my aunties and uncles.  I was surprised by how enlightening his stories were to the times he lived in and the struggles he and my Grandma faced raising 7 kids and being separated for a majority of their marriage with very little money.  Everyone already knows my Grandpa was kinda a bad ass...but now it's official, my Grandma is a SUPER WOMAN! I'll look back on my visit with Grandpa as a great beginning and a major highlight of an eventful summer.  I'm blessed to have such an awesome family, I'm lucky to be a part of it.

My grandpa drove me 2 hours back down to San Francisco for my flight...and when I got there I found out my flight was canceled 2 days ago! Needless to say I was pissed when they ended up shuttling my down to San Jose (because I could have saved Grandpa the drive and flown out of Sacramento). Lucky for Kainoa, I only got to Pensacola an hour and half late. When I got there Kainoa called me and surprised me at the airport.


I've spent a majority of today watching a Law & Order SVU Marathon and researching stuff for Semester at Sea. Hopefully this blog will post automatically to facebook since I spent a good deal of time figuring that out today...Maybe next weekend I'll get to see the beach here to compare to back home =)

No comments:

Post a Comment