Thursday, January 12, 2012

When it Rains in Rwanda

It's 10am and today is already a gift.  After an amazing night's sleep, I woke up to sunshine at 6:30am. Had a great talk with Ben, drank some of the best coffee I've ever had and had some delicious bananas. Sitting on the porch while talking story with our group.  The clouds started to roll in and make shapes.  Julia commented that it looked like the dragon from Neverending Story.  All of a sudden it started to pour rain. I just love the smell when it rains. I kept saying "oh my god I wanna run in it" and Eve finally said, "hey if you wanna go I'll go with you." I immediately jumped up and booked it and of course I slipped and fell right on my ass. I wanted to play so bad though and I got right back up and sprinted towards the gazebo in the backyard.  I ran around the house and other people started to join us. Screaming and jumping around, loving everything about it.  Grass between my toes and rainwater dripping from my hair.  I've never felt so cleansed. What a great way to start my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment